Friday, October 8, 2010

Wonderful People

Some people are just lovely.  The wonderful Book Quoter, who has a brilliant blog, A Thousand Books With Quotes, has highlighted Exit the Actress today.  It was a generous, kind, extraordinary thing to do.  Throughout this process wonderful people have stepped forward to help.  On the Facebook page, forty two people have gone out of their way to be sweet to Nell.

Since I have been back in London, my dear, dear friends have been universally thrilled, exuberant, supportive and encouraging about the book.  Tim, an old family friend here in London, literally whooped in the street and made my day.  In New York, my about to be sister in law (a brilliant writer--check out Kelly Cutrone's book, If You Have to Cry, Go Outside, And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You), just finished reading it and has been unendingly sweet about Nell.  Keep in mind that she read it while working full time as an editor, writing two books and planning a wedding.

Wonderful blog friends show up here and make me so happy by leaving kind, helpful comments.  It has all made this whole journey wonderful.  It makes it communal.  It makes me so happy.  Really, really, thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Hi there. I have discovered your blog and I am a new follower. It must be so exciting to have your dream come true. One day, I hope to achieve the same reality. Come and visit me at www.mandysescape.blogspot.com
    Congrats on the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that things are going well. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve all the accolades girl. Just bask in the sun and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mandy, so glad you stopped by! i will definitely come check out your blog!

    june, thank you!

    aisle b, that is so sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Priya, it was great that BookQuoter gave you a mention, I wish I had thought of it!
    The FB page now has 47 followers and I am one of them, felt badly I did not even know you had a page until reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lindy lou, yay! thank you for joining the facebook page!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!