Thursday, October 21, 2010

Exciting News!

Wonderful, wonderful Mari from the thoroughly lovable blog, Bookworm with a View and the brilliant Manic Mommies Book Club  has just emailed to tell me fantastic news!  Exit the Actress was chosen to be on the 2011 reading list for the Manic Mommies Book Club!

They choose twelve books a year--one book to read and discuss every month and it looks like Nell will be the book for May!  I am thrilled!  The Manic Mommies are amazing!  They: have a weekly podcast with 50,000 downloads a week, write for Real Simple.com, were just ranked the third most influential mother's group by Forbes Magazine and have adorable calendars at Target, Wal Mart and most big bookstores.

Their entire demeanor is generous, forthright, astute and kind.  And, they discuss books I really love.  I just listened to Mari's marvelous interview with Elin Hildebrand who wrote The Island.  I loved it.  I loved the book and I loved the supportive, creative, inquisitive tenor, timbre, tone and pitch of the discussion.  I am so thrilled Nell is going to be part of this...

23 comments:

  1. Oh congraty Priya, this is truly excellent news!! :-D I'm so happy for you! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience! This couldn't happen to a nicer person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. caroline you are so sweet! how goes the cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds lovely! Congrats =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is great news, Priya! Big congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kals and leanna, thank you! i am so pleased! i hope you guys download/listen when it is my turn to be interviewed--it will be nice to know that there are friendly faces out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priya, I can't wait to read it (historical fiction is one of my favorite genre's... I love to learn while reading)!

    Thanks for the plug! I will email you when I post the 2011 announcement (in November).

    We will have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, wow. That is so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this is really awesome! Super congrats to you my love. You must be over the moon. It's great to have so many months of work acknowledged.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Priya, I'm definitely looking forward to your interview :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. faith, thank you!

    june, i am definitely over the moon! so excited!

    kals, so happy you will be out there listening--that gives me confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So exciting!!!! All the hard work has certainly paid off. Congratulations to you!

    I'm sending you a **virtual hug***!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great! It must be so exciting; congratulations are definitely in order :) Your book sounds lovely... best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Priya, I'm so happy for you, congratulations! That's really great news. You just wait and see - I can already see the big awards coming your way ;-) Have a lovely week, Love from (you still here?) London xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. kate, thank you for the virtual hug!!!!! and thank you for being so marvellously supportive!

    svea, thank you! thank you! i am thrilled!

    carole, yes but horrid flu! have not ventured out. where are you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, brilliant - such a huge compliment to you and Nell, Priya, congratulations! May your wonderful run continue - it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so so sweet! how are you????? xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sitting in damp swimmers, wrapped in a fluffy towel, happy as always that I jumped in the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! That's just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. doctordi, it is always better to jump in isn't it? that sounded proverbial but really i just meant the ocean!

    misha, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you're right - literally and figuratively!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!