Wednesday, April 14, 2010
The lovely Book Quoter--who has a lovely, lovely blog and about the best photo of a sumptuous, three sided, Viennese bookshelf I have ever seen, gave me two lovely awards! The Beautiful Blogger Award and The Honest Scrap Award! Or they might be the same thing? Or the Beautiful Blogger brought to you by the Honest Scrap? I used to wait all through Sesame Street to see which letter brought that day's show.
Thank you lovely Book Quoter! If you have not been to her blog--go quick! And thank you Carin who helped me with the buttons!
According to the rules I am supposed to list ten things about myself--I think? Jeannie at Pine Cottage Books--another yummy, scrummy, gorgeous blog, got this award a while back and that is what she said. So:
1. I have been a vegetarian for over two decades and before that the only meat I liked was McDonald's hamburgers, the best bite being the little pickle in the middle.
2. I live in Hawaii, eat mostly fruit but only made my first smoothie last week as I am afraid of household appliances.
3. I love hats.
4. I am a terrible driver.
5. I wear glasses but don't actually wear my glasses so the world looks like a very late Water Lily sort of Monet.
6. I do not cook anything--ever.
7. Even in the ocean I swim underwater with my eyes open.
8. I still like paintings of women in beautiful sherbet colored dresses like The Love Letter by Fragonard.
9. I am seriously superstitious and believe in kissing windows for luck and wishes.
10. I phone my mom at least twice a day every day.