Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Month!

It has been a month since I wrote a plum bean.  A strange wonderful crazy month.  I have written, gotten stuck and then written again.  I am about to move house which unravels writing fairly conclusively for a few days.  Somehow the act of getting all my belongings into plastic boxes and from one flat to another is utterly outfoxing me.

Nell received a wonderful treat today.  Natalie, also known as Coffee and a Book Chick wrote a lovely review.  I was thrilled.  She said that Nell had prompted her to spend hours on the internet noodling around 17th century theatre.  How absolutely marvellous that she had that reaction.  I love the Restoration and so often it gets overshadowed by the grisly can't turn away from the beheading train wreck  of the Tudors.  I understand that.  Kings bumping off brilliant wives and changing the course of religion is compelling stuff. So it is especially wonderful when the Restoration gets discovered and explored.

So, tonight is the Manic Mommies Book Club interview.  I am absurdly worried about getting the access codes right and actually finding the interview.  Having had relatively little experience in a normal job (working on the Vagina Monologues was brilliantly, wonderfully abnormal--not everyone has vagina puppets on their desk) I have some anxiety around fax machines and conference calling.  Absurd, I know but there it is.  Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited for our chat tonight! I'm going to post the call details in a bit, just in case anyone wants to join us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to "see" you again Priya. I'm sure that interview will be great and you'll be absolutely fine. You're so lucky to have "relatively little experience in a normal job" - it's really not that exciting, believe me ;-D Love from London xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. mari! i can't wait to talk to you tonight!

    carole! i keep meaning to get to greenwich to see you! i will i promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad the Plum Bean Project is back! I look forward to your posts everyday!!!
    Our little impromptu office book club is going to read Exit the Actress next and everyone is very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the interview, hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to see you back, Priya.
    I hope the interview went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! You were missed, but I totally understand. You'll ace the interview. I'm sure of it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!