Monday, September 20, 2010

The Real Thing

It arrived!  The book!  The real one!  Touchstone did an early print run to get it out to bookstores and reviewers.  And it is beautiful!  The cover is sumptuous and matte and rich and lovely.  It wraps all the way around in a ruby red curtain sort of way.  It is my favorite red.

Touchstone made the inside so lovely.  The text is so pretty.  Every letter looks like a letter.  The recipes look like recipes.  The snozberries taste like snozberries.  And my tiny photo is on the back.  How bizarre.

In other news, I have moved from the low country of South Carolina to the grey damp of Highgate Cemetery.  I put down Pat Conroy for a minute (as I want to save the next one for the plane) and picked up Her Fearful Symmetry.  It is a book that must be read in full sunlight and never before going to bed.  It is that spooky.

13 comments:

  1. This is the ARC, I suppose? Congrats! My cover should be underway soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely - are you able to share an image of the cover art yet? I am running the Royal Mistress Challenge again next year and in October/November I will post about Royal Mistress novels to be released in 2011. I'd love to include the cover for EXIT THE ACTRESS along with a description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decades ago, I lived in Beaufort, SC. I was told a story about Pat Conroy by one of my dearest friends, who just happened to be a neighbor of his for awhile. I've been fond of Conroy ever since. I think Prince of Tides had one of the most disturbing and gripping scenes I have ever read in a book. I've heard a lot about Her Fearful Symmetry and look forward to reading it. And yay for Exit The Actress. I'll be one of the first in line at B&N when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many many congratulations! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous! Congratulations all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Priya! This is great news. I can imagine how excited you must be :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. What a wonderful feeling that must be to have the book in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The snozberries taste like snozberries." :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thousand congratulations! this must feel so surreal and incredible at the same time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Her Fearful Symmetry! How far are you into the book? I just love the imagery. I felt like I could see the cemetery.

    Congratulations on the book! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. caroline, these are early finished copies (the galleys came out a month or so ago). is that an arc? are you involved in your cover design?

    miss moppet, that would be wonderful! i would be so thrilled to be part of your challenge! i will put an image up right away!

    grad, i have heard that pat conroy is an utterly fascinating person--true? watch out for her fearful symmetry. it is beautiful but unsettling in ways i have not quite worked out yet. yay! feb 1 for eta!

    jenna, thank you!

    whitney, you are so sweet!

    audrey, thanks for the shout out!

    kals, i am so excited. it is surreal but wonderful!

    vivienne, it really is!

    thanks lindy lou!

    ariel, exactly!

    mari, i am about 2/3rds of the way through. i can't say what is going on because it would give it all away but it is so spooky!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I would love to hear from you!